(COMPLETED) Adjust the start/stop times to Guide Scheduled recordings

Um, because you don’t get if you don’t ask…sometimes repeatedly.

Considering you replied to a post I made over a year ago and the fact it still isn’t implemented, then it should be clear that the Tablo folks will do their changes on their own time.

Manual recordings still do the job for those that need this functionality.

My problem is similar. My local CBS station frequently extends the previous programming about 30 minutes into the record time on the scheduled recording. So I miss half of the show. I would like to be able to extend the time on specific channels. Most others are fine as is.

On CBS, it’s always the damn football game that screws up all the programming for the rest of the evening. They gave it an extra 30 minutes and it still runs over. Maybe the best solution would be for the network to end the frigging football game when its time is up, and people could get the final score on the 10 o’clock news – which would actually come on at 10 o’clock!

Honestly, it can’t be that hard to add some code too flex the start and end times of a scheduled recording. I’m a retired software developer – Do I need to come out of retirement and come over there to fix that?

Given the NFL current woes, maybe it will all move to $$$$ streaming or (platinum) cable services anyhow. For the 3 people watching the games.:astonished:

2 Likes

Amen.

It’s sort of funny (in a sad way). Not too many years ago there was a focus on reducing the time it took for a football game. And now they’re actually extending it so they can fit in more commercials.

Just got my Tablo a few days ago after canceling Dish. My Dish DVR defaulted to starting recordings 1 minute early and recording 3 minutes late. A September 2015 response from Tablo support stated the Tablo was set to start 15 seconds early and end 5 minutes late and that this would be addressed at the next discussion. If you have the technology to have it start 15 seconds early, how hard would it be to change that to 1 minute early? That would solve my issue with CBS programming.

1 Like