(COMPLETED) Adjust the start/stop times to Guide Scheduled recordings

I agree, we gets lots of conflicts because we have two shows at say, 7-8 and third has a schedule of 7:59 to 9. Other DVR systems (like my old Direct TV and before that Tivo), just let you set that conflicting show to start 2 minutes later, end of issue. Somehow Tablo can’t figure this out.

1 Like

It’s called a manual recording. The functionality is there if you choose to use it.

manually recording shows defeats purposes of DVRs. A simple extend is used by state of art dvrs

4 Likes

Manual recordings certainly do not defeat the purpose of DVRs. Also, it would be much more helpful to create one thread with your issues rather than 5 or 6.

thanks for your comments. apparently many customers do not feel as you do. a simple extend to shows with conflicts would help.

It is a very common request. I just get tired of it being repeated every week. The Tablo folks apparently are not going to do it (at least not anytime soon), so I don’t see the point asking for it constantly.

1 Like

understood, I am new to Tablo, just wanted to put my input in. It would be nicer if I spend 20 hours reading every post, but just don’t have that kind of time. :slight_smile: My other post seems to have gotten locked out

It’s such a complicated feature that LITERALLY every other DVR I’ve used offers it. And last time I checked there were a limited number of tuners on my Dish setup, but they still managed to provide this functionality, and a whole lot more (like max number of recordings to keep). This is just basic DVR stuff, and it’s pretty sad that they can’t deliver such a common feature when everyone else can.

2 Likes

@TabloTV What is the update?
I am two weeks into my 4-tuner tablo and I am also missing the first parts of Modern Family and other shows.
Would be great if you added a feature to adjust recordings by channel or adjust the default begin and end times.
If you could adjust the start/end times by channel that would help with channels that start earlier than other channels.

1 Like

Yes. I have the same problem with my local CBS affiliate. They seem incapable of following a schedule. Sometimes they are early but more often they’re late. When I was using the cable company DVR, I had to set a preference to start recording 10 min early, and end 1 hr late! A similar setting for Table would be very welcome!

2 Likes

Your solution is not a solution at all. Any thing you attempt to schedule which happens to follow a live event will loose the end of the program. On my AT&T DVR, I could set a “start __ minutes before”, and a “stop __minutes after” for every scheduled program. If sequential programs were scheduled, the “trailer” and “leader” did not cause conflicts, they were just concatenated.

1 Like

Getting pretty sick of missing the FINAL MINUTES of half of my shows!!! What is the point of a DVR if you can’t see the ending???

1 Like

Hello, all… By any chance has there been any progress on this issue? Quite a few shows/channels here in the Charlotte, NC area start/end a minute or 2 earlier than they are scheduled, and Tablo ends up missing the very beginning and/or ending (though it’s the beginning 97% of the time) of scheduled recorded programs.

Manual recording works for the purposes of not missing anything, if I can remember or have time to do it. Is there any way to switch some of that built-in padding time at the end to the beginning of the recording?

I just recently added a 2nd 4-tuner Tablo to my account, and have been happy with the overall experience outside of this fairly large problem. I have suggested Tablo to many friends and family, but this hiccup is preventing all of them from switching from what they already have.

2 Likes

Totally agree. There are many shows which start earlier than the Tablo. I would also like to have the option to set the recordings to start early and end up to several hours later than just “record longer”.

3 Likes

+1 for me too. Scheduled the new 24:Legacy after the Super Bowl and the guide recording chopped off the last 10 minutes of the show because the Super Bowl ran long. Fortunately, I haven’t given up my old Windows Media Center setup or I would have missed. This is a must have feature - every DVR program I’ve had has had the feature - BeyondTV, SageTV, Windows Media Center. Please add.

2 Likes

I’ve been using my Tablo for a couple years now…and this has been my #1 request during that time. I have setup the manual recording, but it would be so much nicer if Tablo just introduced this feature as others suggest. Allow a per recording setting of “Start XX minutes before scheduled.” /“End XX minutes after scheduled.” feature. I’ve even considered dropping my Antenna and Tablo and going with a paid service just because of this issue. Like others state - missing a few minutes at the beginning or ending of a show really is annoying.

Please make this #1 priority, Tablo!

2 Likes

I agree, this is a basic feature that I am going to miss BIG time coming from DirecTV DVR for Sunday shows when there is live content, say NFL football that runs long… I set all my Sunday shows to record an hour long… that coupled with series priorities are huge.

1 Like

Ok so I am glad to see it isn’t me and my tablo doing this to spite me. One of my first dvr test last night was the jimmy fallon show and it not only started 4 minutes late (most likely because that is what the guide said to) but it totally cut the intro and monologue which means the show started BEFORE 11:30.

I do recall this was allways the issue with dvr’s, and that you should record the show before it if the station does this often. It would be nice if the dvr software would “feather” the record times to ensure the beginning and end would be ensured. In fact this thread is so old, I am sad that it isn’t in there yet.

Got bit by the Masters running long again yesterday… this is a major pain… I don’t want to schedule Sunday shows as manual recordings because then I have to stop them when the season is over, and start it up again when it starts… really need to get this figured out… major pain point for people coming from other DVR solutions…

I’m a new Tablo user and I have to say I was shocked it didn’t support custom early/late for each recording or schedule with automatic overlap. I have four tuners, so that’s not going to be a problem for me, running over scheduled programming. That’s something that literally every other DVR I’ve ever seen have as a feature. I consider this a mandatory feature. I hope it is added soon.

1 Like