Add Phyiscal Channel to OTA scan

I have the HDHomerun 4K - and have successfully viewed ATSC 3.0 channels (there is only one that is “live” in Austin, TX - four total channels are queued - and all are scheduled to be standard HD, not 4K). They are using AC-4 audio, and it works on Windows PC’s and XBOX One without issues. It does not work well with FireTV or Roku.

The “workaround” is they are preparing an update that will have both the ATSC 3.0 channel and the ATSC 1.0 channel that can be selected. Not only that, but the DVR software doesn’t work with ATSC 3.0 channels as of yet.

Another major issue right now is the broadcasters aren’t all doing things the same way.

I don’t see ATSC 3.0 being a viable option for anything other than TV tuners for the near future. There will be a possibility that the streaming devices will adopt AC-4 audio (they may require new hardware). So much is up in the air right now…

My TV does as well. As noted earlier, many/few consumers are likely unaware of this. As many find free OTA TV as “new” as well. So should Taboo, will probably more than support can already handle.

Me, I bought a TV +5yrs ago and don’t plan to by new ones as long as these turn on and display the local news minimum (OTA perspective at least). But that’s me, others may budget for new TVs regularly.