Abilty to 'join' the watching of a recording

One of the great things about the Tablo is that, when we’re watching a live event I can grab my tablet and keep watching when I leave the room. True, it’s generally not quite at the same point but it’s within a few seconds plus or minus.

It would be great to have a similar option when watching a recording. When you go to watch a recording that is currently being played on another device I would like to see a ‘join’ option which would act like the current ‘Resume’ but would be for a different device. That way I could wander off and keep watching a recording.

KCSteve :->

1 Like

I often do this when watching TV with my wife. I also just tested to make sure it still works. I see the normal resume feature for prerecorded programing when opening on a different device. I’m not sure why that is not working for you. Our devices which allow this behavior Roku TV, Fire TV, Android Tablet. I can’t vouch for other platforms.

1 Like

Well now I feel both stupid and delighted!
I realize now that I never actually checked on this - I just saw that I could ‘watch’ a recording that was currently being played and didn’t look at it closely enough to see the option to ‘resume’.

Thanks Jimtablotv!

Makes me wonder what other nice things I may have missed. From now on when I think about something that would be nice I’ll have to poke around and see if it’s already there.

We do greatly enjoy watching two shows at once, with one on the big screen and the less important one on my computer sitting where we both can see.

Thanks again!

KCSteve :->

1 Like

Glad I could help. My policy is to check before asking but that wasn’t always my policy and I learned it the “I feel stupid way”. It happens! :rofl:

You can also just highlight the show in recordings, press play will start where you left off.

1 Like

Well that’s cool! I’ll have to play with that the next chance I get.