A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

I created this diagram of how I have the Tablo connected in my mix of technology.  It might be helpful for those on the fence to see how its all hooked up.  Just remember that the Tablo is really a ‘Network Appliance’ and (for me) it does not need to be anywhere near the televisions.  In fact, mine is in my basement.

Looks suspiciously like my setup except for a few differences…

• All my wired devices run through a 24-port TrendNet Gigabit switch which sits in the wiring closet along with the cable modem.  My ASUS WiFi AP sits upstairs and uses 2 existing Ethernet drops for WAN (from cable modem) and LAN (to swtich) respectively.
  • I have no Smart TVs, just a bunch of dumb flat screens, each driven by a Roku.
  • There’s a Synology NAS on the network that serves out content using Plex
Looks suspiciously like my setup except for a few differences...

• All my wired devices run through a 24-port TrendNet Gigabit switch which sits in the wiring closet along with the cable modem.  My ASUS WiFi AP sits upstairs and uses 2 existing Ethernet drops for WAN (from cable modem) and LAN (to swtich) respectively.
  • I have no Smart TVs, just a bunch of dumb flat screens, each driven by a Roku.
  • There's a Synology NAS on the network that serves out content using Plex

OK…so I did simplify as the fact is that there are a couple smaller gig switches in the mix but felt that would be too much to diagram!

Looks suspiciously like my setup except for a few differences...

I could comment but… ok, I will -

Sounds smart to me.