4th Gen Series Recording Question

So again, there’s information just floating around the ether without access to it and no way to remove it from the Tablo’s future recording list.

For now.

If they change this again to allow us to see all recording data.

1 Like

Is it really worth challenging which show was used as an example?

1 Like

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Of course once I saw what was happening I stopped scheduling anything other then just once recordings. Not worth the hassle

I’ve been watching for both Ghosts and Young Sheldon to show up as April 4th new episodes. Neither is anywhere to be found on the Tablo.

Young Sheldon still shows as a scheduled series recording set for new episodes. However, all that is displayed are many previous season reruns on CW (none are scheduled to record). Oddly, my recording options have been changed from CBS to CW. I cannot change this back to CBS.

Ghosts is nowhere to be found.

Interestingly, my Recast shows both new episodes of Young Sheldon and Ghosts April 4th in both the guide and as scheduled recordings.

Of note, Tablo’s guide is not 14 days, it is more like 12+/-. Toward the end of that period the guide is very fragmented. Some programs are filled in, some are not. Even after forcing a guide update in settings, the guide is short of 14 days and fragmented near the end.

If the guide comes in full day 24 hour chucks and the day starts 12AM and your guide update occurs between 2AM and 4AM can you ever have a full 14 day schedule. And the guide provider only distributes guide data that has been updated by the broadcaster.

And still no Sheldon or Ghosts on Thu 4/4 … maybe mañana.

Will be a day or two at least before 4/4 will show up.

Ghosts new episode on 4/4 showed up as a scheduled recording this morning. This confirms that the scheduled series recording persists, even when there are no episodes scheduled within a given 2-week guide, and no existing (undeleted) recordings. In essence, even if a scheduled series recording completely disappears from the various Tablo screens, it is still “scheduled” and will reappear eventually.

The new episode of Young Sheldon on 4/4 has not yet appeared in either scheduled recordings, nor on the guide. (Ghosts for that same night is also not yet shown in the guide.). I suspect both will reappear in the guide in the next couple of days, as will the scheduled recording of YS on 4/4. Seems like the info on the tail end of the 2 week guide period is hit and miss, but eventually shows up.

The good news is the system seems to work, and scheduled series recordings persist even if they are not yet shown. Based on Tablo’s earlier post in this thread, hopefully these scheduled series recordings will also persist in the app displays, rather than disappearing temporarily as they seem to do now.

I can confirm that YS also showed up, it was just “late” to appear on the 2-week guide. As I mentioned, the tail end of the guide period seems to be a little “hit and miss”, but things do eventually show up, and scheduled series recordings DO persist, even if they temporarily “disappear”.

I will look for these same types of items to “persist” in the display in the future as promised (e.g. access to series recording options persist regardless until series recording is manually cancelled by the user).

You mean my scheduled recording of Big Sky will display in the future.

Interesting point. As I understand it, access to series recording settings will come back for series that have “temporarily” disappeared from the Tablo interface IF new episodes show up at some point in the future. Once that occurs, they are supposed to persist, regardless of whether there will ever be any new episodes at some point after that. Also, access to new series recording settings (those initiated after Tablo updated the server) are supposed to persist indefinitely.

However, Big Sky has been cancelled, I believe. Therefore, it will never show up in the future with a new episode, and therefore the trigger to access the series recording settings will never occur. I will have to defer to Tablo tech support as to how one is supposed to cancel scheduled series recordings in this particular case. The case where a series recording has been scheduled before the server change, but is since cancelled such that new episodes will never return. It would seem in this case access to the series recording settings would never return. While I don’t think this hurts anything, it is a “loose end” in the database of scheduled series recordings that apparently will never be cleared/deleted.

Turns out this seemingly simple task of scheduling/managing series recordings might still need another tweak.

We’re working on a way to make that happen. Stay tuned.