2 tuner Tablo...records same program twice

I have 2-tuner Tablo…I record 5:30 NBC News…everyday…it ALWAYS records it twice…I have deleted the recording job and started the recording job again…never changes…

AND it records the super bowl…4 hours of stuff but NOT the game…does this every day…but it only makes 1 recording…I have deleted the super bowl so many times I’ve lost count…

I have unplugged my HD and replugged it…no change…

ALL other channels I record work perfectly…CBS…PBS everything else…It will record what I want and only one recording…

On a related topic, did you think yesterday’s Super Bowl was better than Monday’s? Wait what??? How does it record the Super Bowl every day?
In all seriousness, you probably should open a ticket with support:

support ticketing system

Lester Holt wants to make sure you get enough of him.

And did you use the guide to schedule Lester? Do you have the nodups option on? For me Lester comes on at 5:30PM and the same show at 2:12AM every day.

Zippy…Lester at 5:30 here too…and it records the SAME version at the SAME time…
So let’s say I watch Lester about 6:20…pretty much when we sit down to the TV…
Both recordings will show in the recordings…After we watch Lester then I delete BOTH of them…
So it’s not a situation of recording one at 5:30 and another at midnight…

And yes I scheduled with the guide…didn’t know you could schedule anything without using the guide…

bbaorbb…It shows that it’s recorded 4 hours of super bowl…I did a fast partial scan of the program and it appears it’s all advertising and other stuff…there is no actual football played…

Anytime the KC Chiefs win…that’s a good bowl for me…!!!

Tonight I will get a photo of my tv…I assume I can upload a pix…

And I should mention…this happens ONLY on Lester…
No other programs or channels record twice…
I mean…I “like” Lester…but enough is enough…this has been going on for
less than a year…

And I just updated the firmware on the Tablo a couple days ago…

Hey - At least KC has a win (actually 2), I’m a hapless Vikings fan…

And if you schedule something else at record at 5:30 do you still get 2 recordings of Lester.

Or maybe it would be easier to put your unit in maintenance mode and open a ticket to have support checkout the data base on your unit.

Yup…I get 2 recordings of Lester…

Opening a ticket seems the best answer…
Thanks for the help…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.