2.2 Firmware Release

Will the firmware be coming this week??!! Desperate for the larger hard drive size. I haven’t been able to actually use my new tablo because I am holding off on needing to buy a hard drive

Sorry @andysousa We’re working hard to get the last tweak done but we’re running out of ‘before the weekend’ time. Looking like it’ll have to be next week.

Looks like QA will be working the weekend.

I see a mention for “[quote=“TabloTV, post:7, topic:2893”]
Additional sort options for recordings
[/quote]” however despite searching all over my Chrome interface, I have not been able to locate any way to modify the recording sort order from the default alphabetical format.

Has this actually been implemented? Thanks!

@souser, I think the Tablo folks mean there are more tabs in the recordings section. I see All, TV shows, Sports, Movies, Manual, and Most Recent, and I am pretty sure all of those were not there before on the Chrome browser and web app.

“Most recent” is just every recorded show/event sorted by the lastest episode date of a recording.

‘Most recent’ is indeed the addition!

Is this going to be happening? Tablo still sitting in the box, would love to get this thing going.

Any update yet on when this will be released?

1 Like

We’ve got a final load in QA right now. The plan is to get that to the beta team today and then once they’ve given thumbs up we’ll be ready to send it out!

6 Likes

Hoping for release on Thursday so if anyone has problems support will be there Friday

I’m not going to deny that I check back here at least once a day to see if it’s been released, but I’m good with waiting. I sympathize with those individuals who have new setups and only have a larger drive to use, but I want this update to be solid. I’d be upset if they pushed out an update that prevented me from watching TV or, worse yet, lost my recordings.

Time Warner never gave me any indication they were pushing out an update. Then again their updates were rare and minimal. Tablo could be more like Time Warner, but I like the communication and anticipation.

1 Like

But Time Warner had a full feature device when you got it. They have been adding features to Tablo to make it be a better device. The reason it has not been released yet was limited to a few problems with a few hard drives and they want it to be perfect.

Did the Beta Testers get the latest build? Hows does it look? Does it look like it will go live? Just curious.

1 Like

I’ve got it and it looks good to me so far…but Tablo said they will likely have one more beta revision to fix an issue with how 480i programs display (aspect ratio).

2 Likes

I mentioned it but said it wasn’t a show stopper and suggested releasing it saying everyone has waited long enough

But Tablo just recently posted this, so to answer @John_Zanettos question of does it look like it will go live, the answer is no.
From Tablo
“We were looking at this yesterday and will likely squeeze a fix in for it which means 1 more rev.”

I know…I saw that but hoped they might change their mind. Bad releasing it on a Friday with no tech support the time most get home or over thevweekend. Does that mean Monday at the earliest?

OK, Thanks for the info guys! Looking forward to it, looks like lots of blood sweat and tears went into it.

Concerning Bulk Delete - I had Two and a Half Men that I wanted to delete. Bulk Delete failed where it would spin for quite some time, but finally after several minutes the spinning stopped but nothing got deleted. For some reason, I started playing some of them for a few seconds ( I’m not sure what gave me that idea ). Anyway, I finally found the following

Player Error
Recording file not found on disk.

( OK )

Once I found all of them ( and manually individually deleted them ), Bulk Delete was successful !

This update better speed things up, since the FIreTV Client update it takes 5 freaking minutes to delete one program, I have about had it with TABLO, it is too slow.