2.2.8 update problems?

since updating to 2.2.8, nothing will connect to the tablo. I’ve tried unplugging it and restarting it, but now it just comes back on and the blue light just stays on, which I have set to stay off at all times. Besides a complete reset, any oher suggestions? I’d rather not lose my recordings right now.

I get an error message on the iPhone app that says:

There was a problem establishing an authenticated session with your Tablo. This could be due to either authentication of connectivity issues.

Me Too, many connection errors with existing devices. A new device actually connected faster … Support ticket still pending Tablo’s response … with everyone else also having issues, it may/may not be my device.

I can’t get any devices to connect. please let me know what your solution ends up being

Hey guys - can you try rebooting your router > Tablo (quick press & release of the blue button) > viewing device leaving about 2 minutes in between each for the device to reboot.

This should get everything communicating again.

If you’re still having issues, please drop us a ticket so we can get you patched up: http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new