What can I expect for OTA wireless distribution?

Thanks - I think I’m convinced this is going to work now! It’s helpful to know that your TV’s tuner and the Tablo are receiving at about the same sensitivity. That was definitely not the case with AirTV.

Come on man… Talking about stuff not needing rebooting. If it’s not a high-end server, main frame, even a high-end network stack. It can be rebooted every once a while.

Tablo is no where close that that list. Don’t give these products the benefit of a doubt.

I have servers that have not been rebooted in YEARS. Network Stacks that have been up for 4 years plus. You mean to tell me, you’re going to prop up a $100 device to a 10k-15k server/network stack, in the “no reboot” constitution.

Come on, dude, stop it. My Keurig needs to be rebooted every few months.

I understand on the frequency of the reboots. I would argue that point. But saying it shouldn’t reboot at all is outrageous.

At the same time, Tablo is still working on the Gen4 product line. Come on man!

1 Like

That’s a point I hadn’t considered. Once you have it up and running, there is little need to reboot it. Once it’s in the place you want, with your drive attached, with a perfectly working antenna and internet connection, it will sit there for weeks on end (or months) without the need.

One 4th gen seems to have an issue reconnecting to the network after power outages. I can stare at it and think really hard, “Okay, WORK!” but doing nothing isn’t going to fix the situation. Letting it blink for over a half an hour was pointless, but a quick tap of the reset button is all it took to get it up and running.

1 Like

Sure, if that’s want you want…

You have made no actual justification for a requirement or it being necessary.
“outrageous”? lot’s a drama :neutral_face:
Maybe reboot out of OCD, I get that, if you just feel that-much-better, then go ahead.
As noted, a trouble-shooting step.

EXACTLY! Never touch mine, don’t even know how hot it may be, don’t care. Never bother rebooting it just for fun. Not comparing to servers, just a stable OS. I have 2 different models, issue free. Note, issues with apps or congested network aren’t necessarily an issue with your tablo.

Right, shutting down a system… the restarting/booting it up - not really a reboot.

Did you buy one?

I did buy the AirTV unit, and returned it almost immediately. It was not picking pick a lot of the channels that my TV turner was, or I should say, it was registering a lot more than my TV tuner was but most of them were unwatchable. I purchased a better OTA antenna/ amp but haven’t ha a chance to bring the mast down and install it yet. Once I’m convince that I am getting solid reception on all the channels I’m capable of receiving on my main set. I’ll probably give the Tablo a chance so I can get the OTA channels distributed on my LAN. And hopefully, by that time, Tablo has had a chance to work out all there integration issues with Roku.