Tablo Apple TV App (4th Gen) Early Access Program

I just did the survey and hope to be accepted, if the beta is still open. I’m an almost 2 decade long TiVo owner/user going back to the DirecTiVo and over the years also a sometime TiVo beta software tester for almost every unit up to the current Edge and also a LONG TIME TiVo Community forum user/contributor, but finally abandoned TiVo after they stopped giving a crap and I switched to using YouTube TV through our Apple TV’s.

After a while I decided, that not only was I not really completely satisfied with YouTube TV’s cloud DVR, but also the expense for still getting channels I didn’t want or need. So, I bought the 4th Gen Tablo-4 tuner recently with a WD 5TB Elements Portable HDD, External Hard Drive, USB 3.0 (which for the most part has been AWESOME, only bad recording issues I’ve had are with one channel/station I’d previously had using an OTA TiVo. Need to move antenna from attic to the roof. Setup was seamless with external drive attached before power on.), even knowing that right away I’d have to buy a couple of FireTV sticks to use it,

I’m also a decades long Apple product household and Apple TV’s have always been our #1 streaming device and still are now with the latest model devices in living and bedroom. I deleted every app off the FireTV’s the moment I set them up except for my installed Tablo app and that’s all they are used for so I have a seriously vested interest in the Apple TV app being ready for prime time, so I can finally ditch/give the relatives the FireTV sticks.

Oh and FYI, I stopped using any desktop or laptop computers for the most part a few years ago and my day to day is a 12.9” iPad Pro, so if this requires having a Mac desktop or laptop, then I guess I’ll have to wait, as I traded Mac laptop/desktop off a couple of years ago. I do however keep one non-work Windows 11 PC kept up to date for some gaming and the “just in case I need a Windows PC for ‘SOMETHING”. LOL

Just joined hope the app comes out soon only us Apple TV on my tv

I just registered! I didn’t realize this beta test was out there! Can’t wait to give this a try… I bought the new version as soon as it came out and was disappointed I had to use FireStick to watch TV going forward. I am a software developer, so I test all day long! Glad to help whenever this may get approved.

@doctorfaustroll Sorry about that. Try one more time.

They are probably finishing up the Apple TV apps before moving onto LG and Samsung.

Just signed up for the beta testing with my AppleTV 4K. I hope to get selected and start providing feedback!

Hello All I just bought the 4 generation Tablo 4-tuner and have 2 Apple TV 4K 3rd generation 128gb needing some love . My network is hardwired 1gig speed . Please accept me as a beta tester .

Looks Like they are assembling a great Beta Test crew. Looks like just the Guys/Gals to get the job done right. Don’t mind waiting at all to get it right.
GO BETA TESTER’S

I signed up last week for the Apple TV App beta program, will get an update soon? I would like to start testing my new Tablo.

In that case, it’s likely that you didn’t fill out the form correctly.

You can try again using a different device.

You might want to move this to the Apple TV thread.

I thought I was replying that thread. Is there a way to move the one I posted, or do I copy and paste?

@TabloTV can move comments between topics, but for you, the simplest way would be to copy, paste and then delete the comment from this topic. All beta testing questions and comments should be posted in the beta testing category and not in the general categories.

1 Like

Thanks.

1 Like

I have 5 appleTv’s in two locations and am anxious to test the app. Although I use the Tablo app on my Firesticks now I prefer to go back to my appletv.

I filled out the form correctly, I’m starting to think this is a scam and Apple TV will never be supported. I have been using the old Table for 5 years and was hoping to use the new 4th Gen tablo I have purchased.

I’m sorry @huebcamp1 but I don’t see any request with your user name.

Would love to help test the AppleTV app. Just applied via the SurveyMonkey. I have 4 separate AppleTV’s. Thank you!