Tablo Apple TV App (4th Gen) Early Access Program

You can now, sort of. Once you do the new updates to your Mac and iPhone you have access to Tablo using the new iPhone mirroring app. Look in your dock and proceed from there. Kinda cool.

Same situation here, main tv is a 65" LG OLED 2018

Just installed a 4th Gen Tablo today - we have 5 Apple TVs and would like to participate in the EAP. Thanks.

I agree I purchased my Tablo in July 2023 if I’d known I spent $140 on a OTA DVR I can’t use I’d went with another brand. A year later and it’s still in beta testing? I’m a customer who bought a product that can’t use it. I can’t believe a company would have the nerve to ask for beta testers on a product they paid for. That’s like buying a steak dinner at a restaurant and they say you have to cook it yourself and still pay the bill.

1 Like

If you have an ecosystem where only appletv exists why did you buy a product where the appletv app wasn’t released.

2 Likes

They’d still be providing a service. Both the meat you’d be buying as well as the equipment on which you would cook your dinner… so of course they’d expect you to pay the bill.

1 Like

New Here. I signed up to join the beta. Hopefully I get added soon.

I’m in a Catch 22 quandary: I have Apple TV 4k devices (two of them) and a legacy Tablo Dual Lite. I’d like to get a 4-tuner 4th-gen DVR.

I can’t request the app without a 4th-gen DVR.
I can’t use a 4th-gen DVR without the app.
If I buy a 4th-gen DVR from Amazon, my 30-day return window may expire before I can get the app.
If I buy it from Tablo, I’ll have to pay to return it within the 30-day return window.

What should I do? How close are we to having an app for the Apple TV device?

Seems pretty simple to me. If you find a good deal during the upcoming prime day you buy the unit and hold on or apply for beta. It’s not like you are buying a lamborghini.

It takes mere days to get approved for the AppleTV beta testing. If you don’t have another Apple device to use TestFlight on, it may take a tiny bit longer for them to provide you with a code for your AppleTV box.

You’re overthinking this. It won’t take you 30 days to decide if the puck is right for you, trust me. And if you’re unsatisfied with the AppleTV version of the app, there are others to choose from.

Thanks, that’s good news for me, I think. But I’m not sure I understand “others to choose from”. Do you mean for other streaming devices? I got rid of my Fire sticks along with an Amazon Recast DVR when Amazon discontinued it. Good riddance to that ad-infested mess. I have two Apple TV 4k - that’s it for streaming devices.

Anyway, I understand what you’re saying about deciding if the 4th-gen DVR meets my needs. It’s just that I won’t be able to try it until I can use the Apple TV app, and I have no idea when I’d be able to do that. If it’s really only a couple of days, then you’re right, I’ll probably know pretty quickly.

Thanks again for your advice. I might go ahead and buy a 4-tuner model on Amazon, wait for the code to try the app, and then make a decision quickly whether I’ll keep it or not.

1 Like

I have 5 Apple TVs 4 / 4K models - ordered the Tablo, arrived in a few days, signed up for Beta same day the Tablo arrived, was approved within 2 business days, installed Beta App next day, been using ever since.

Only issue I have at the moment is I attached an External HD a couple days after we started using the Tablo, and I don’t see anywhere in the UI where you can see storage usage on the external device.

Thank you, that’s excellent news. I’ll be doing the same.