New user: Just having the worst time trying to set up!

First Question: Can I set this up exclusively over ethernet (NO wifi)?

There are no clear instructions on how to set this up via an ethernet cable. The videos and instructions all seem to gloss over that and then head straight for setting up over Wifi. Is it or is it not possible to set up exclusively over ethernet? I don’t want to use WIFI. I have a dedicated ethernet cable to my Tablo. At this very moment my MacBook is address 192.168.3.33 on my local network. The Tablo has address 192.168.3.34. I can even type in 192.168.3.34 into Safari and it displays a page with “Nuvyyo Tablo Server” as the only text. So clearly my Tablo is connected on the same local network. And yet… Impossible to connect to it! All I get is “A connection to the Tablo servers could not be established. Please check your internet connection.”

I have tried everything including factory resetting.

It’s not your fault.
Tablo is having a server problem on their end.

You can’t setup your new Tablo without their servers.

Ah. Thank you!

No worries.
Here’s the link to the original post regarding this issue:

Do you have a Tablet? Connection is available with my android Tablet. You can set up with a Tablet also.

I will try setup later… I’m glad I came here I was about to smash it into tiny pieces out of frustration, or put it back in the box to send back. Haha.

The good news is its not just you its Something affecting a lot of users. The bad news is Tablo is closed on the weekends and wont start to address the issue until tomorrow.

I doubt that setup could be completed without access to the Nuvyyo servers.

The Tablo servers were online briefly, and went back down.
I’d wait until @TabloTV reports back with status.

In the meantime, here’s some advanced info to help with your eventual setup. :slight_smile:
I have multiple Tablos, and just set a new one up yesterday.
Here are issues you may run into.

Your Tablo firmware version will probably not be the latest, which is v2.2.18, and your Tablo will prompt you to upgrade.
Mine was at v2.2.14, and it prompted me to upgrade to v2.2.16, and v2.2.18 later.

1st attempt to upgrade the firmware got my Tablo stuck on step 1 of 3 at 0%.
Pressing the reset button did nothing.
Only power cycling the Tablo brought it back to something useful.
I was able to upgrade the firmware only after I enabled my lifetime guide subscription, which I purchased 3 years ago for my first Tablo.
Multiple Tablos can share the same lifetime guide subscription.

I don’t know if I just had bad luck, but at least you know what you need to do to get your Tablo unstuck from the firmware upgrade, if you need to.

Tablo Support just posted their server outage has been resolved:

You should be able to set up your new Tablo. :slight_smile:

I got it set up. All is good. Thanks.