NEW - Tablo Apple TV App Update (v. 1.3 & v1.4.1 & 1.4.2)

I had a bunch of buffering issues the other night while watching a show, but it was raining heavily outside
I feel like Tablo has a hardtime when it’s dealing with a signal that’s not perfect or near perfect.
I observed this behavior on Roku premiere+, ATV4 and ATV5

A fix is now on the way for the issue with Fast Forward Previews: NEW - Tablo Apple TV App Update (v 1.3.2)

Is there a plan to add enhancements to Apple TV to:

1. select to Record off the Live TV screen
  2. manage recordings ie update start/end times

I’d prefer to do this within the Apple TV Tablo app interface instead of having to get my phone to do these tasks.

@arvsft Yes! We’ve got lots of updates underway for all platforms including Apple TV. Stay tuned!

1 Like

Care to give an estimate? By end-of-year? By next Spring ‘18? It’s just been something I’ve waited for since the initial release.

We’ve got at least one more Apple TV update planned before the end of the year.

Nevermind me, I found the other thread that explains the channel names issue

Sorting options for the recordings? That’d be a sweet christmas present!

If you keep shaking boxes under the tree, we’re going to cancel Christmas! :wink:

1 Like

Can I be invite to the TestFlight effort?

You’ll need to sign up first for overall beta access: NEW - Join Our Firmware & App Beta Team!

@TabloTV @TabloSupport I am using Roku streaming stick with a hard wired Tablo and I am experiencing the same issue. Thumnails are generated and half way and then go dark. The preview square is there, but no image. Also recordings get corrupted sometimes and is a new issue. Problem is now showing up across all recordings.

Have you confirmed this is ONLY an ATV issue? Will the fix apply to only ATV users as I am not one as explained above. Thanks.

We haven’t confirmed if this issue effects all Tablo apps or not yet. We’re still gathering data on this and looking at it internally to try and reproduce. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Hi folks!

Today we’ve pushed a small update to the Apple TV app which adds the ever-popular ‘most recent’ recording screen!

We’ve got some more good stuff in store for you in the New Year, but we hope you enjoy this over the holidays. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My apple TV app update today and I can no longer watch live tv.

I selected a channel and it just says,“fail to load. item not found”

anyone else?

Got the new update with the Appletv app. The Tablo connects, the guide comes up but when I click to start viewing a program, I get a “Failed to load. Item not found” message. Only options are Try Again or Cancel. I’ve restarted the Appletv, uninstalled the app, reinstalled it and restarted my Tablo. Nothing is working.

How can we fix this before a house full of people arrive this weekend.

Thanks for the help.

Me too! Watching recorded shows is fine, but cannot watch live TV.

I have the same thing is there a workaround?

It may just be my imagination, but this update seemed to be better with live tv “stuttering”.

We have confirmed there is an issue with selecting the SHOW ID vs. the CHANNEL ID to begin playback of a live channel.

We’ll get working on a fix right away, but in the meantime if you select the CHANNEL ID from the live TV grid, you’ll be able to get playback going.

Hi everyone!

A fix is now on its way to the App Store in the latest Tablo app version (v1.4.2). You can choose to update the app immediately on your Apple TV to resolve the issue, but most devices should auto-update within 24 hours.

Apologies again for the inconvenience.

1 Like