NEW Firmware Release (2.2.2) - It's here!

Tablo sits right by the router and is wired. The Fire TV is also wired via a 50ft run of Ethernet cable. Other Fire TV in the bedroom is “wired” via a powerline adapter. The router is a Linksys EA2700, I believe. Not home to verify that right now.

This is good news, are you running the latest firmware on FTV (51.1.6.3_user_516012020) ?

Might be time to disconnect the cable modem and router from the living room to the bedroom. The antenna has to be in the bedroom window to get the most stations, so the Tablo is there too.

Do I understand correctly that the Roku/Chromecast setting is 720p/30 fps and the other setting for 720p is 60 fps?

This is incorrect.

These are just at different bit rates. More info here: https://www.tablotv.com/blog/choosing-right-tablo-recording-quality/

In order to get the 60 FPS, you must record at the 1080 setting which will capture 720 @ 60 FPS when possible.

1 Like

Thanks!

Slightly off-topic, how exactly does the bitrate translate into user experience? Not too knowledgeable about this kind of thing.

Higher bitrate SHOULD result in a sharper picture. There are a lot of variables that can affect image quality, but everything else being equal higher bitrate = higher quality and larger file size.

So it’s kind of analogous to jpeg compression of a still image, the less compression used the sharper the image and bigger file size? Kind of what I thought. Thanks.

1 Like

Yes sir

So I have a hard wired tablo to roku3 and was seeing issues with the 2.2.2 update. I switched to Wireless and no more loading buffer issues!

Seems odd but it’s working fine for me and I would get loading pop ups every few seconds on 720p setting.

1 Like

I am a new user. I like the idea of this box but, it has some problems with connections. I am connecting through the iOS app and web on my computer. A lot of the time no connection happens. A reboot doesn’t work but unplug then replug power all can connect again. That is the only major weakness so far. Is there plans for an Apple TV app on the new one?

Do you have DHCP reservation set up for the Tablo? DHCP reservations make the Tablo always have the same IP address. Each device should get the same IP address back, but it depends on how the router manufacture did the DHCP. What router are you using?

Yes there is! https://www.tablotv.com/blog/exciting-apple-updates-more-choice-cord-cutters/

If you continue to have issues connecting, just send our support team a note. They’ll be happy to help: http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

That worked for awhile now nothing connects to the Tablo. Tried resetting first then unplug. Still no joy!

The problem of connecting from iOS devices began for me absolutely when the new Tablo firmware was released. I started a new thread reporting my connect issue.

My other devices, all Roku 3 boxes and 1 Amazon Fire HD 4K box, have no problem connecting whatsoever. My iOS devices worked fine until the firmware release of 2.2.2. last month, with no real connection issue since October of 2014 when I first got Tablo.

In the last month, 2 iOS 9 updates and 1 Tablo app update have improved but not fixed the problem. Rebooting of Tablo, router, iPhone is only a very temporary fix. The firmware update has a new bug which hopefully will be fixed.

When this happens have you had Tablo check your logs? I haven’t encountered it yet with iOS 9 on iPhone 6 and iPad Air. I will keep seeing if I can reproduce it.

Your prior assistance got me up and running, and my situation has improved a lot, especially with iOS and app updates recently. If it again appears this coming weekend I will ask Tablo support for help. Thanks again @theuser86 for helping me.

Larry

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: NEW Firmware Release - 2.2.12