NEW Firmware Release - 2.2.12

All devices should be on the same subnet as the Tablo to avoid any connection issues. That means all IP addresses should be 192.168.1.xxx

I agree that would be simpler but does not work with my other networking needs. I poked a hole to the subnet so that should be enough. I suspect that the initial pairing requires a port other than 8080.

Yes there are other ports involved other than the Tablo Connect ports, I don’t remember what they are off the top of my head. Try searching the forums.

Have to unplug the network cable from the Tablo, and power cycle it, meh believes.

You shouldn’t be so blasé about your beliefs. :wink:

I’m not.
Meh daughter is. :slight_smile:

I resolved this by unplugging network, rebooting Tablo, connecting to its network and adding the device. Then I shut the Tablo down, reconnected network cable and restarted the Tablo. I was hoping not to resort to that but now everything works. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I had issues with Weak signal resulting in Tablo reboot / broken recordings with 2.2.12, but since I upgraded my harddrive at the end of december and performed a factory reset on my Tablo, I’m happy to report I haven’t had this issue since.

What hard drive did you upgrade to ?

I’ve tried three different drives, factory resets, and almost everything else I can think of. I even dropped in a splitter, sent the second feed to an HDHomerun box I’m borrowing from a friend, and running streams side by side - the Tablo is the only thing having signal issues.

Seagate backup plus 5tb

Do you also get reboots after tuning in a “weak signal” channel?

I had an old WD 1.5tb before, new drive is working great but runs a bit louder

No, it just degrades until it is unwatchable. The only fix is to reboot the Tablo and then it goes away for a day. We see it more often after watching live tv for a long time - like on weekends when the TV is on for several hours.

This doesn’t happen with 2.2.10 but then I ran into the issue of things recorded under .12 being unwatchable in .10.

How do we get reverted back to 2.2.10? My Tablo used to be much more reliable … But ever since the 2.2.12, I’ve had to reboot it about every 1-3 days (lucky if I get 3). I went in this morning and noticed its blue light was off … Couldn’t connect … Had to reboot. Really getting annoying enough for me to come post about it since we don’t watch that much tv anyway.

Please revert me back to 2.2.10 … Is there a way I can update manually?

I suggest you first try disconnecting from the Tablo (option at bottom of menu screen), and at the next screen clear the stored data in the media device ( click on the snowflake * if you see it). Then perform a complete resync of the data and see how things work when you are finished.

This worked for me.

Here’s the way to revert to 2.2.10, posted elsewhere:
https://community.tablotv.com/t/player-error-could-not-play-live-stream/5545/64

Hello Fellow Tablo Users,

I have been searching through the tablo forum trying to find a solution to my problem. My tablo says that it needs a firmware update from the 2.2.2 it is currently running. However, every time I run the update, it is still at 2.2.2 after the restart. I have installed the Tablo channel on my Roku 4 and on PLEX. While Plex accesses the unit perfectly, the Tablo channel will not because it says the firmware needs updating. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan Smith
Cheshire, CT USA

Connect to my.tablotv.com website in the Chrome browser on a computer. Update the Tablo that way. Use a PC or Mac.

Be aware that after you upgrade from 2.2.2 (old times!), your Plex will stop being able to access Tablo. The Tablo API changed with the firmware updates/upgrades and the Tablo Plex app will be broken - but Tablo on its own will function correctly (more or less - see the issues between 2.2.10 and 2.2.12 for some of us). This holds until some kind soul - or the Tablo folk - writes an updated Plex app to interface with the Tablo.

It will be appreciated when the Plex update happens for my Tablo…would help if I knew how…

@AlanofSmith 2.2.2 is a relatively old load; the most recent one published is 2.2.12. Were you able to get upgraded? If not, let our support team know and we’ll lend a hand.

Issue with 2.2.12: when watching a show that’s currently recording, playback will occasionally “hang” indefinitely with the little rotating circle next the the progress bar. Hitting rewind goes back about five minutes immediately and play resumes. This has happened three times since actively using the app since the update.

Coincidentally this has has occurred while watching football games.