FireTV Stuttering Issue

How many HDTVs do you view TV on? If just one, that’s understandable.

But for 3-4 HDTVs, Tablo is definitely the way to go. Plus you can check out other boxes, Roku 3, Nexus Player, etc. which work fine.

I received the notice from Amazon for the test group, but when I click on the link, the Tablo FireTV app shows that it is not available for my FireTV?

Is the email you have registered with Tablo for the beta testing the same email address you have registered with Amazon?

Yes, they are one in the same.

People had this issue the first time around for beta testing. It was Amazon’s fault that they didn’t update their systems properly to correctly authorize the account.

Let me clarify, maybe what I see is normal. It shows I can manually download the app, but the compatibility shows my device as not compatible.

Well have you tried manually installing the app?

I have not. I’ll try tomorrow. Thanks.

No probs.

You can also purchase an app in the Amazon App Store on a computer and then go to the Fire TV and hit “Sync Amazon Content”. That installs the app on the FTV.

This is what I had to do.

1. Click the link in the email and complete the “purchase of the app” just ignoring the non compatible warning.
  2. Wait a few minutes and then under “Your Account” click on “Manage Your Content and Devices”
  3. On the “Show” drop down box click on “Apps”.
  4. On the center of the page click on “Visit Your Apps Library”.
  5. The Tablo Test App should be at the top of the list.
  6. On the “Actions” drop down click on “Deliver to your Fire TV”.
  7. Go to your FireTV and navigate to the “Settings” menus and go to “Help” tab and click on “Sync Amazon Content”.
  8. Navigate to your apps and you should see the app downloading.

I have 3 HDTVs (50inch and up) and all have the same problem with buffering (using the Amazon Fire TV). There are other problems also like it’s slow in response. It also doesn’t show the channel you are viewing when you go into the TV schedule. I really want to keep using the Tablo but I paid 299.99 plus tax and only 143.99 for the TiVo and man this thing works great, I just don’t like the amount of money you have to pay for the services. If Tablo would get their act together I would have kept it but it’s taking to long for them to fix the problem and the feedback from them isn’t so great.

Sign
Tablo let me do

Chose it anyway it will still down load on your fire tv go to apps and have it sync apps and it will be there. Be sure to uninstall the old one first.
dave Brown

Update the Tablo app on my FireTVs and FireSticks last night and the new version seems to have resolved the stuttering issue. So far, so good.

3 Likes

I finally found the cause of my random crashing and reloading reconnecting of the tablo app on the fire TV stick. It was the electronic HDMI switch I was using. Once I replaced it with a manual push button HDMI switch, the random crashes stopped.

1 Like

Fire TV used to work well. Have been getting horrible stuttering problems for the past month. I tried uninstalling and installing again. Still, same problem.

I haven’t had stuttering issues in a while, it has been great but now after the last update I was watching the Colts game tonight about 30 mins behind and it stuttered and buffered on and off. Seems like maybe the issue with nfl games being scheduled to record and then the next day that aren’t is fixed but now I can’t watch a game delayed when it is still ongoing, which is worse to me

@vangheem @jim1513 - Which recording quality setting are you using? Are you using the stick or the box?

I don’t see a conclusion to this thread. Was the shudder issues fixed? I have some pretty severe shuddering with FTV.

Hey @Brad_Perdue - Can you send us a note so we can look at this for you? http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new