Can watch recorded shows, but nothing else is working

It seems users want less dependence on the internet and central servers. Not more. They want seamless usage of their tablo units when the internet is down.

2 Likes

Agreed! :slightly_smiling_face:. Use of the Tablo device when the Internet or servers are not available would be ideal.

1 Like

TBH, I was impressed that last night’s issue didn’t make them completely useless. I was able to exit and restart the app and get to my recordings. This is either an improvement from last time they went down or maybe an entirely different type of outage.

I have to hope that they realize foolish it is for us to rely wholly upon their servers. I’m assuming the guide data you download is stored locally, so why would it matter if their servers went down? Obviously, the same is true with our recordings.

Again, at least they were available, even if it took a while to get anywhere within the app itself. But someone’s got to let us know what’s going on!

That status page doesn’t tell me anything more than what my router does. How about a network outage site?

1 Like

How about not needing their servers at all. No servers equal no FAST channels and OTA would still work. No servers no guide. We would use manual recordings. wait gen 4 doesn’t have manual recording.

1 Like

Why does a failure to connect to your servers render the Tablo TV nearly inoperable? Isn’t a couple weeks of guide data stored on the device? I should be able to reach the guide, watch live TV, and watch my recordings if the servers or internet are down temporarily. This is a huge design flaw. PLEASE pass that on to whoever can do something about it.

3 Likes