Can watch a show while recording from the beginning

Hello, this is especially happening when I have scheduled a recording, and try to come in during the show. I can watch it real time, or sometimes watch it from the beginning, but I can’t pause or fast forward or rewind…
no external HD yet…

I want to chime in here and say that on Android and iPad, I have the same issue. If I try to watch a recording while it’s in progress, it just takes me to the current time in the broadcast and it’s as if I just tuned to the channel. I want to be able to watch from the beginning of the recording while it’s still recording.

Doesn’t this limitation make watching sports impossible? If I must first jump into the live broadcast and THEN rewind to the beginning of the game, I’m going to see the current score which is going to ruin the entire experience.

Just provide a “watch from beginning” option.

Frankly it would make more sense to DEFAULT to always watch from the beginning and then users could fast forward to live if they wanted to watch live.

Hold on… not just sports but my wife records Survivor. She lets it record 30-40 mins in. Then starts watching it from the beginning. She FF through the commercials, BTW the time she gets to the end, its live.

This is on the 4th Gen Tablo and we use Roku’s in our home.

My tablo was mess of problems it’s gone I a hd homerun works great I recommend it over the tablo that thing was nothing but problems

This is a limitation of some of the devices.

If you’re using a regular android/google/fire TV or OS, or a Roku, this can be easily done, as @KimchiGUN has mentioned – although maybe he can help you understand by explaining the steps to do this without the need to rewind.